a girl like me | Teen Ink

a girl like me

By SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
SpringAhead GOLD, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

"Don't call me crazy, it drives me nuts!"

~Anonymous

Whenever you are near me
I start to breath quickly
Wondering if you’d ever talk
Instead of leaving at a walk

I want to go up and say hi
But you’re magnetizing eyes
Drawing me in, pulling my close
Yet scaring away, like a ghost

I start to get a little flushed
Trying to talk gives me mumbling blush
It was as if you were calling to me
Staring ahead, tripping on something I don’t see

I guess this was the way it was meant to be
Who would fall for a girl like me?

its my first published work so I hope everyone likes it. its based on m own life.

~Anonymous

This is the first thing I posted to teenink when I started so there are gonna be a few kinks, and grammar stuff. But thanks, and thanks for your input. 

austenite77 GOLD, Appleton, Wisconsin

Die my dear? Why that's the last thing I'll do

You're a good writer, and you have a good inspiration, but I didn't like this poem. The flow was off and the grammar was odd. I still think you're a good writer, just refine it and edit. Try reading it to yourself before posting.

~Anonymous

Thanks so much! 

AlwaysAntlers SILVER, Kingsport, Tennessee

“Don't forget - no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.”
― Charles de Lint, (from his book,The Blue Girl)

This is good! Grammar's a bit off in two places, but other than that, it hasn't got any mistakes. Good job! And if someone doesn't like you, it's their problem. They aren't worth it. Keep writing!

~Anonymous

I will and thanks.  and yeah, just take your time with it, the'll come around eventually. .  . also don't sell yourself short. Everyone is pretty but in their own special way... I have acne too. I used to wear make-up to school to hide it but in the last few months I stopped because I realized school's not a beauty pageant and there's no one I'm trying to impress. I like me for me and thats it, and if you don't like it, too bad. Lastly, thanks :D

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

Well, thanks.. Actually my girlfriends said that one of my guyfriends and some other boys have a crush on me. But I wasn't buying it and I'll wait for the right time instead. You know, I'm not pretty. I mean, not the I'm-pretty-but-I'm-not type of not pretty.. I'm not really pretty.. acnes.. yes, they're all over my face.. etcetc... So I wait for the right guy and not just be all cool with what they say..

Hope you find yours too 
:D

on Jun. 25 2011 at 11:14 am

~Anonymous

By the way, I'm sure there's someone out there who will like you for you, it just takes time.

on Jun. 25 2011 at 11:13 am

~Anonymous

Yeah, but its cool, I'm over it. It all happened a WHILE ago, this is a poem I dug up out of a journal I used to keep. I figured I'd post it and see what people thought. but anyway so glad u liked it :)

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

That must have really hurt/su.ck

~Anonymous

Thanks, I have horrible grammar that I NEED to work on. and Ikr, my last two crushes made fun of me, that's where the poem came from.

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

in the 2nd paragraph, the you're should be your... my close should be me close..
other than that, this is good.. sometimes, i wonder if there is really someone who would like me for me...