Love Bursting Into Flames | Teen Ink

Love Bursting Into Flames

October 31, 2011
By J4Yc3 GOLD, Nashville, Indiana
J4Yc3 GOLD, Nashville, Indiana
19 articles 0 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger


When we are in the car and we are listening to my iPod, are you thinking of him? I can't help but wonder and wonder some more. After all, the past I've lived won't seem to let go. I know you and her are different but still I can't help but wonder and wonder some more. When we are at my house in my room are you lying when you say "I love you, I love only you." I know I shouldn't question your love but I just can't seem to get the question out of my mind. After all, at one point in time you fell for him. At one point in time my light for trust was shining bright, but now it seems to have gotten dim. You get so upset when I ask about this guy you once began to like, but you have to remember I have felt this pain so many times before. It seems I am destroying the love I am so deeply trying to restore. I know I cheated but that doesn't mean I have to be mistreated. Our love used to be so clear, but now days it seems our love is out of focus, out of frame. After knowing this new guy is here, I have nightmares every single night and I wake up screaming your name. I am well aware of the history we have made, but sadly to you it seems the memories are starting to fade. At times I would love to just kiss away the tears on your face, but as far as I can see you would much rather be with him in a different place than be with me. I used to be the one who took the pain from you, but lately our life has changed to nothing but fighting and yelling that is all we seem to do...(To Be Continued)


The author's comments:
I wrote this to my girlfriend after I thought she was cheating on me with this other guy.