The Intellecual Sitting In The Grass | Teen Ink

The Intellecual Sitting In The Grass

By PhilosophicalLinx BRONZE, Upper Marlboro, Maryland
PhilosophicalLinx BRONZE, Upper Marlboro, Maryland

" I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing."
-socrates

THE INTELLECTUAL SITTING IN THE GRASS
I like to watch the grass grow because it seems like it wants to reach for the sky, or is it something much more deep and meaningful than that. I say this because it always seems that the simplest of things bewilder even the elect portion of an organized society. It was still bright out, which means the sun would be in the grasses best interest, as well as the production of this plant I am observing on the firm foundation of the grass. But there you are sun! You ball of great wonder, without even looking at the subordinate outcomes of your main objective you’ve hit upon all of the marks with remarkable accuracy. You see friend your main goal as you may know already is to provide sunlight enabling a plant to draw energy from you through a process called photosynthesis and as a result fruit and vegetation are the byproducts of your great power. As I sat there on the grass looking ever so profoundly at the plant atop of it I began to realized this is a norm of nature but at the same time a role model for us humans, I understand that this statement might be a little over-generalized so will you come with me so that I may explain the meaning of my words. You’ve must have seen how one would create marvelous pieces of art as the Mona Lisa I’m speaking of course of the art of painting, and how when one spends his time in a worthy cause well actually puts his heart and soul into an individual god given talent that that person reaps many benefits of many different variety. And this is seen everywhere, especially in the Guinness book of world records where many of these men and women not having many dazzling things such as fame and fortune ever cross their minds they’ve hit upon it uninterestedly, and contritely the ones aiming solely at fortune gain a mass amount and lose it, gain very little or none at all. The foundation of their inquiry is weak I ask those money hungry individuals you want this reward with what further intention in mind or do you have one at all? Many of times they would be silent, and suppose I were to ask the talented one who used his skill to obtain the bounty so have him? Obviously he’d be more fond of his surplus, and more importantly he’d be at a loss of words as well but for different reasons; the former person was speechless for the basic fact that he could not voice a rational reason, or mumble a reason at all but the latter are at a loss of words for the fact that this product had not once crossed his mind to begin with. He’d reason “I was simply doing what I loved” and I would admire this enigmatic individual for another simple reason: he is his reward. Imagine for me workers in a workplace, and I want you to imagine that each of them is an inventor, but as a provision some are more skilled than others. The work of building a meaningful device is done by hand, and you observe that even though the slacker has great ideas he lacks the heart to work his ideas into reality, when all the while another man; diligent in his work puts his heart and soul into what he does. You will come to the irrefutable conclusion that this man’s diligent work is the very birth and beginning of his riches he will acquire later after imaginary consumers demand his thriving supplies (and let’s assume he is very business savvy and has already a factory to produce his goods, and once more that there are merchants willing to advertise and sell his product. He wouldn’t be doing it himself for he will have his hands occupied with his work. Extraneous), now after some traversing about the meaning of obtaining wealth uninterestedly and circumnavigating around the rationale as to why I was so compassionate about the sun and the results and its work and finally a huge digression of the analogy of a poor worker and an efficient worker based on the level of skill and heart I have come to the conclusion that one does best if he just simply spends his time in a worthy cause without many other individual things in mind for I believe you will hit upon them all with apt accuracy as the sun has produced vegetation without having it in mind nor once more the reason not to do its work required for production.

It just came to me

Regmom said...
Your poem was food for thought. It was thought provoking, good command of the English language and very insightful. Enjoyed reading it.

A Friend said...
It truely is the simplist things in life that offer the most rewards.  Like the sun, giving without being asked to give allows us all to grow.  Your words are very moving and insightful.  Great work!

Joy World said...
Very good! Keep up the good work!

KWaldron said...
I really liked this poem.  I feel enlightened.  I look forward to reading more of your work.

Auntie said...
Beautiful, I really enjoyed your poetry reading very insightful. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see what's more to come:)

Nana said...
Wow The words of this poetry is just breathe taken when I know that it came from a very young man on his way to reach his goal in live.

coolwater said...
I thought this was an awesome piece of work. Nice read.