Letter From Hell | Teen Ink

Letter From Hell

January 19, 2012
By Ezzallenne PLATINUM, Austell, Georgia
Ezzallenne PLATINUM, Austell, Georgia
32 articles 3 photos 30 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Fall down seven times; stand up eight."


“Do you believe in God?” a preacher asked me, a couple years ago.

I replied, “He isn’t real. Get away from my house. My answer’s no.”

But the man kept on reciting scriptures anyway, trying to make me believe.

And I just laughed into his face and told him he should leave.

“Get out of my face,” I said, “I don’t know you. It’s time for you to go.”

And as he walked away, I shouted, “Tell your imaginary friend I said hello.”

The man turned around, looked into my eyes, and said, “I‘ll keep your in my prayers.”

“Don’t waste your time,” I replied, “No one’s listening, no one even cares.”



A couple years later, I was at the grocery store, standing in the check-out line.

In front of me was a little boy, who couldn’t have been any older than eight or nine.

I watched as the boy placed a couple of dimes and a penny into the cashier’s open hand.

But then the man said, “You don’t have enough.,” then handed them back to him.

I mumbled under my breath, “Hurry up kid, You’re holding up the line and it’s quite rude.”

The little boy began to cry out, “But I’m hungry and my daddy is sick, we really need this food!”

What did I do? I told him, “I can’t help you, sorry kid. Please move out of the way.

I don’t have the patience for you, I’ve got other things I need to do today.”

I turned around to see if anyone was in line behind me, but we were alone.

And when I turned back around, the little boy was gone.



I was walking down a busy street one sunny afternoon;

When I saw a man with a sign that read, “I’m starving. I’ll die soon.”

I laughed and handed him a penny and said, “Here you go. Do you need more?”

He nodded his head but I said, “Too bad. Get yourself a job, if you’re so poor.”

He lifted his head and said, “One day I’ll be rich. God has a place for me up there,”

And then he pointed to the sky.

“He isn’t up there,” I told him and proudly stated, “Your God is a lie.”

The man smiled at me, pulled out a rusty bible, and began to read the words, as a crowd gathered around.

But I snatched the book from his bony hands, and threw it on the ground.

The people standing near us, looked at me in disbelief; they didn’t think what I did was funny.

“Why did you do that?” One woman asked, as she handed the man some money.

“Because I don’t like false advertisement,” I told her and turned to go.

But I forgot to look both ways before I crossed the street, and little did I know…

A car was coming right at me, there was nothing I could do.

It smashed into my body, and through the air I flew.

When I opened up my eyes, I wasn’t lying on the street anymore.

I was on my knees in front of God, bowing before him on the floor.



“God,” I cried out, “Please forgive me. I didn’t know!”

“Be quiet,” God said, “I sent numerous people to tell you so.”

You expect me to forgive you, but for you, it’s far too late.

Your name isn’t in The Book of Life, You aren’t allowed through Heaven’s Gates.

Remember the preacher that came to your door and the homeless man; what did you do?

You laughed into the preacher’s face when he tried to preach my word to you.

And the man on the street, you wouldn’t give him any money to get food.

I saw you at the store. I saw you tell the little boy you had no money to spare.

But you and I both know the truth, You just didn’t care.

You denied me and you didn’t listen to anything I sent them to say.

You turned away my angels, and so I must do you the same way.

Depart from me, you no longer belong to me, Just leave me alone.

The Devil is going to take you away now, and show you around Hell,

your new home.