Victim | Teen Ink

Victim

August 23, 2012
By HopeIsWhatWeCrave GOLD, Rowlett, Texas
HopeIsWhatWeCrave GOLD, Rowlett, Texas
11 articles 1 photo 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
[Frodo] How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on... when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend... some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold.

_________________

[Pippin] I didn't think it would end this way.
[Gandalf] End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
[Pippin] What? Gandalf?... See what?
[Gandalf] White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
[Pippin] Well, that isn't so bad.
[Gandalf] No... No it isn't.

_________________

[Frodo] I can't do this Sam.
[Sam] I know. By rights we shouldn't even be here, but we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo, the ones that mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were, and sometimes you didn't want to know the end, because how could the end by happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even the darkness must pass. A new day will come, and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something. Even if you were too small to understand why. But I think Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. The folk in those stories had plenty of chances of turning back only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding onto something.
[Frodo] What were they holding onto, Sam?
[Sam] That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for


There's a cloud working it's way
Into her head.
Full of not rain
But cruel words instead.
Words like “stupid,” “ugly,” and “fat”
They sting
They puncture her heart
These words that they fling.
Her heart has been broken
By this horrible crime.
And she thinks to herself
I will end it sometime.

So one day after
She comes home from school
Where all of the kids
Were just plain cruel
She grabs a knife
From the kitchen drawer
She makes a slash down her arm
And watches her blood drip to the floor.
She bled out her life
Because of that kid.
And they may never know
Just how much damage they did.


The author's comments:
This poem was inspired by bullying. While I myself am not a victim of bullying, I know that there are many people out there who are, and this problem has always been close to my heart. I hope that, when you read this poem, it makes you think about how you are treating others, and how your words may affect them.