How are You | Teen Ink

How are You

By AbbaDabbaDoo PLATINUM, Mountain Grove, Missouri
AbbaDabbaDoo PLATINUM, Mountain Grove, Missouri

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise. I guess we know which one you are.

How are you today? I'm good. In this small hillbilly town in this state in the free US, this sun is shining, with only a slight breeze. The birds are chirping away, my cat is napping on "her" swing set outside and my dog laying in his favorite spot, half on the porch and half off. The woods nearby look inviting, cool and dimly lit. That means good hunting today. Snakes and rabbits are probably out in the fields, soaking up the limited sun in winter, the snakes sometimes trying to catch the grey rabbits, which sprint away into the woods. Horses nearby are grazing peacefully, sometimes galloping in their fun races with each other. The cows across the old gravel road are doing to same, nuzzling their young and looking at the world with wide, chocolate brown eyes that show the innocence of a child, trusting and gilded. As I am writing this the neighbor's unruly donkey, whom we appropriately call 'He ha', had just gave his remarkably loud yet sweet 'he ha'. We are enjoying the sun and beauty of nature as we work during school and do random things during recess and lunch. In one paragraph, I hope I have given you a feel of today at my home.

This was written for an internet friend of mine when she was bored.