This World | Teen Ink

This World

September 24, 2013
By that_Kayla_gurl SILVER, Sydney, Other
that_Kayla_gurl SILVER, Sydney, Other
7 articles 7 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She walks in Beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies,
And all that's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes: Thus mellow'd to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies." ~Lord Byron


I had a conversation with my heart one day. He asked me, “Why is it you who gets to experience the world around you?” I told him that I was unsure why that is. He bargained with me to let him out and be free into the world. I knew that I should give him his wish. So that day I let my heart leave me.
He went through the cold cruel world. He was at first bright and shiny and new, always happy. But soon was going to change. He saw the heartache of this sad world. He was mistreated and uncared for. Soon he was withered and broken not trusting anyone again.
My heart anxiously awaited to be lost and forgotten despite the loneliness, he knew that it would stop the world from hurting him. So he tried to disappear with no satisfaction. So he fell. He fell into the deep sadness that they were trying to drag him into.
Then one day I saw my heart sitting in the darkness and I asked him,”why do you sit alone, surly you have found what you had been searching for, surly you have come to know the world you wanted.” I could tell from the look in his eyes that he indeed found the secret to this little world. He saw the horror and I saw it allover his face.
He turned from me weak as he did. For he did not want me to see him like this. He did not trust me with his feelings. This was not the same heart I let go, no this heart had been bruised and beaten and battered. There was no life left in his tired eyes. But I loved him no matter what. I went to embrace him and tell him so. But he backed away from me saying, “no you do not want me, I am broken and can not be fixed.”
But I just shook my head and said, “but of course I want you. I waited for you to see and to find me but when you didn’t I came to find you.” I took his hand and lead him away from the darkness. I took him to see the hidden joys of the world.
The birds in the trees, the sun in the sky, the rainbow that comes after a summer storm. After this I looked at my heart and he was there again. He was happy and joyous and full once more. He turned to look at me and asked, “why? Why did you not give up on me when I was withered and battered and forgotten?”
I just smiled at him and told him, “because no matter your condition I will always love you no matter you fall no matter how big I will always help you up.” He looked at me and for the first time in a long time my heart smiled.