Silent Cry | Teen Ink

Silent Cry

By Kiana Baker GOLD, Alto, Texas
Kiana Baker GOLD, Alto, Texas

I watch the shadows fade away,
into a cloud of dust,
Hoping that my voice will scream,
knowing that I must.
Can someone tell me, tell me why,
noone hears my silent cry?
Is it just me, or does it seem
that I am all alone?

You hear the seconds tick away,
like footsteps down the hall.
You wonder if they're here for you
or if they're there at all.
Can someone tell us, tell us why,
noone hears our silent cries?
Is it just me, or could it be
that I am not alone?

This poem is about feeling alone, though not really being alone at all. I like to think that somewhere, there is someone who understands me, someone who feels the exact same way. Being that I'm not sure where I stand as a writer, please comment; Any criticism is constructive criticism. Thanks!

I love your work. it is very well writen. I feel like this most of the time. please keep writing

She-who-loves-love SILVER, Tecumseh, Oklahoma

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
-Sherlock Holmes

I am in love with this poem. It embodies the exact feelings that I think lots of people experience. It is amazing what you can do. Keep it up.

hearmesing said...

Your poetry is very satisfying.  And no way are you alone.  I started writing years ago because it gave me a way to cry my heart out and stay strong at the same time.

It changed me to voice those silent cries.

i feel tht way all the time... i feel like no one understands. :( i have friends but i feel like a outcaust and tht isnt a rlly good feeling to feel :( love the poem though, very much :D

Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

Everything makes sense if you think too much about it.

The flow you have is unique, and I could pick out your style out of a hundred poems after reading just three of yours.

I've always had issues with rhyming; can you give me a few tips? And I'd appreciate it if you checked out some of my stuff. Thanks! =)

Sapphire said...
Sapphire, Holland, Michigan
All of your poems are extraordinary! You have some great raw talent, but as a side note, noone is actually spelled no one. Changing that would raise the level of this poem high beyond the expectations for teenage poetry. 

Becca Evans BRONZE, Mesa, Arizona

You have a real knack for sensory description. When you say a clock "ticks" like footsteps, I can easily hear someone's heels clicking down an empty, echoing hallway. Maybe past a closet where you're chained up, or something. At any rate, my imagination runs with it. That's what I like about your poetry.

I've read most of your other poems, too. What I love is what seems to be your main theme: the paradox of losing innocence but not idealism. I relate to that. I can't even emphasize how much I relate to that, and my guess is that a lot of other people do, too. Hearing someone else express in words what I've only thought but not had the talent to write is cathartic. Like, "YES. That. Someone GETS it!"

SO! Please keep writing. I'll keep checking back. :)

shattered said...
hello i am not yet a member but i love your work its exactly how i feel and i think you are an awesome writer sincerely, jessie

paranomial PLATINUM, Hyderabad, Other
ur poem hav gt a lot of depth to it..n u've written really well! keep up the gr8 wrk

Malory_Sturling BRONZE, Medford, Massachusetts

"Good writing can make you look at something unbelievable and doubt yourself by believing that it is real." ♥

"You can get a thousand compliments, but one failure can tear you down; don't let it."
~Malory Sturling ♥

wow aammmzzingg!!!! (: loved it in every way!

floaton BRONZE said...
floaton BRONZE, E. Setauket, New York
not bad at all! i really loved your other poems, this one is good too but i know you can do better. i've felt the same way though:] your a great poet, you should make an account! your poetry is really amazing though. comment back on mine if you have time

AmberO SILVER said...
AmberO SILVER, New Windsor, New York

Never give up no matter what life throws at you.

i luvvvvvvvvvvvvv yuor poems they touch my soul

ElizabethW. DIAMOND, Oconto, Wisconsin
Wow, you totally captured the feeling of being alone while pointing out the concept that you feel it but know that you actually aren't. You're extremely talented.

taintedannex GOLD, Hong Kong, Other

The truth is that at some point, everyone's going to hurt you. You just have to decide who's worth the pain.

Some say having something to lose is what makes you vulnerable. I believe that having something to lose only makes you stronger.

I loved this poem :)

known as em said...
THIS IS AMAZING. i rea ALL ur posted poems and now ur like my idol...i LOVE them all you are a great righter, i want you to always know that.