Need Love? | Teen Ink

Need Love?

By carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
carijoy SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona

See it but never feel it.
Get close, only to push it away.
“Don’t know what you’ve got til it’s gone”
Epitome of my life.
What is wrong with me?
What makes me so un-lovable?
Can someone remove this defective sign from my forehead,
And replace it with a kiss.
I want more than mediocre.
I want someone to miss.
Do I ask for too much?
Are my requirements unachievable?
My heart remains unconquered, unattained.
I’m tired of fairy tale endings,
Silly thoughts put in my head by unrealistic, but hopelessly believable movies.
They are all the same.
Girl meets boy. Girl messes it up. Boy forgives girl.
Happily Ever After.
At least they let on that relationships have problems.
I want raw, unrelenting love.
The real deal.
No movie, novel, or episode of “Sex and the City” could ever touch.
Left alone, drowning in thoughts,
Who else in the world could need love,
Like I need love?

carisaunt said...
wow...so well said. and knowing you, you'll find it...it's worth the wait! keep on writing and sharing your soul...you are inspiring others to do the same!

flattered.CS said...
it is nice but i expected a lot from teenink magazines.even though iam a small boy i like to read poems and write poems.it,s suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperb.

paws1993 said...
that was soo awesome you soo have to think about song writting that poem i was singing in my head it would be an awesome song!

Ivory Wolf said...
This poem sounds so much like my own life. So sad. Nobody is alone when they say they need love. We all do. It is a fact of life. But a sad one since it can take so long to find that one true love, the one that will love you no matter what. Keep writing!

[Poet]. said...
This is a wonderful poem. It was like you were talking about me.

KittKat1119 said...
This poem is awesome i love it

Hiddenlove24 said...
This poem is so amazing. It pretty much reflects my exact feelings.

broken_angel said...
Your poem is awesome and I can so relate. It's funny cause some of things in your poem I was actually thinking about the other day. It's nice to see I'm not the only one. lol =]

ScarrFace said...
I can completely relate to this lol. But I really like it.=] The wording is just beautiful.

iPonder said...
I like this alot..its very real and has no choice but to make the reader think. If i was reading this alone i would cry.

This poem is really good, and so true. I've felt the same way so many times, and it sucks no matter what you do to remedy the situation. Why couldn't finding someone to love be easy?

Great poem. So very true. I'm with ya girl. Nicely written. It has a good flow to it. Excellent job on putting those thoughts and emotions into perspective for the reader. Hit home, let me tell you. Good luck. Keep Writing!

kendall said...
Nice to know, I'm not alone .

Keep writing some more please :)

Riverine14 said...
Very well written and I deffinetly like it. It reflects the truth about love and life in itself. One of my favorite quotes goes, "Love is like a battle. If you win, you lose." I have some stuff written and I would appreciate it if other people read my poems to critique them as well. Just Search Brittany A Pinedale Wy. Thanks

Ashli-Marie said...
I love this poem i can relate to it lol...good choice of words to!!

lalax3 said...
this is really good :) i love it!

PaloVerde1 said...
I really like what you write about. I like it, not only because I can somehow relate to it in ways, but because it seems true. No cookie-cutter stuff like other people write about.

writer1226 said...
Great poem. You really reflect the way you feel. Please write more poems so that I can enjoy them just as I did this one.

emmy emz said...
hey,i just came across this and i think you put your craving for real love in a great way and its really visual: you definitely described what i never thought i could say aloud.keep writing....love and peace,emz

Peaceseeker said...
Hey nice poem,

Although I don't understand why you crave love so dearly love it's a wounderful thing when you have it. but when you lose that love then it is the worst pain a person can ever feel. and I would'nt wish that upon anyone. But you are very talented at writing. and you do creat an image for people to see when reading your poems. so never stop writing. i think that you could go really far in this field.