Cassie's Confession | Teen Ink

Cassie's Confession

By JordanA PLATINUM, Pottsville, Pennsylvania
JordanA PLATINUM, Pottsville, Pennsylvania

At last, at last, help hand finally come. Oddly enough this man possessed a gun. His had gently rest on his weapon of choice, inside I started to rejoice. Something did not seem right, for the lack of uniform made me wish for a knife. Had another one come to fourth period math, to cause yet another blood bath? Terrified and pale was the look of my class as they thought it was over, that horrid event passed. Another shooter yes indeed, now was the time I decided to flee. After to steps, maybe three his bullets now pointed at me. A small smile on his face preceded a question that would require me to admit a beautiful confession. The question not hard or complex, for the words, “Do you believe in God?” echoed through his breath. “Do you believe in God?” “Yes I do.” A bullet through my temple then he was through. No more sorrow no more pain, a bullet and heaven I gain.

This poem was inspired by Cassie Bernall who was shot in 1999 for her faith in God. (It does not depict the actual event.) It is a really inspiring story and helped me realize how much God needs to be apart of my life and everyone's for that matter. I look forward to meeting Cassie someday. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only son and whoever belives in him will not parish, but will have eternal life." John 3:16

WynterPage95 ELITE, Monticello, Arkansas

"It's better to burn out than to fade away..." -Kurt Cobain

thank you muchly

on Jun. 2 2011 at 9:40 am
yes, indeed they did, that song did some of the inspiring for this, thanks for noticing! I will check out some of your work.

I believe Flyleaf did a song about this, it's called Cassie

thesilverrose BRONZE, Richardson, Texas

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." -Benjamin Franklin

This was so sad. But I would rather die instantly, than deny believing in G-D. Good story.