To Change The World | Teen Ink

To Change The World

By ShaynaPhelps SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota
ShaynaPhelps SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota

To change the world,
You must first change your country.
To change your country,
You must first change your society.
To change your society,
You must first change your community.
To change your community,
You must first change your family.
To change your family,
You must first change your self.
To change your self, you must first believe.
You must believe in your self, in your family, your community, your society, your country, the world, and humanity.

I first read about this idea in a book; "The 7 habits of highly successful teens." Author; Sean Covey. This is my own work but the idea of it I got from reading the book. I wrote down the message of one of the chapters in my own words and interpretation. P.S. I purposely wrote yourself seperated. Thanks.

Thanks, alot. You should read my other work "e-mail" It's bit more harsh, I was thiinking about all the hate in the world and how we could change it if we really cared and wanted to, and that hate needs to end. Cuz 1. I don't care what race you are 2. I don't care what religion you are 3. I don't care what culture you come from 4. I don't care what your sexuality is 5. I don't care what gender you are, in order to change the world and make it a better place we need to disregard these things and come together and work on our problems as humanity. Thats what I want and I'm going to keep telling people this. So thanks for reading and keep reading. :)

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

omg we read that book in school! and i love how this poem was written!! everything is connected in a chain and leads to each other! Great job and best of luck with future pieces!