A Heated Conversation | Teen Ink

A Heated Conversation

By LuciaR. SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
LuciaR. SILVER, Oshkosh, Wisconsin

“A heated conversation.”

[Enter Luciel and Raziel Nix]

Luciel: Brother please have mercy!

Raziel, pulling Luciel into his room: Sorry, but you are at mercy.

Luciel: Mercy, mercy! Can’t you see?

Raziel: I can see as clear as day, for I am no longer blind in my dishonest haze.

Luciel, on his knees, begging: Must you send me away, just because of the truth I say? Oh brother, oh brother! Our father’s comforting voice hath spit lies!

Raziel: I must testify! Our father would not dare defy us with such fibs!

[Luciel gets up and grabs Raziel by the chin, poking him in his left eye.]

Luciel: And yet he defied I by not accepting that I am in love with a guy. You turn your blind eye to that?

Raziel: I do not turn a blind eye to anything! For you were the one who blinded I!

Luciel: I, I, I, What about your brother, Ay? Do you not think of I? Where do your loyalties lie? Or is father’s deeds more important to ye?

Raziel: Shut your mouth. You matter to me, but you cannot keep living with the family. Move along now, we both must retire for the night. This is where I end our fight.

[Raziel exits, leaving Luciel alone]

Luciel: now I see where you lie. Your brain lies with god but your heart lies with I. The nightingale sings a sad tune tonight… What is so sad little bird? Do you have words of comfort for me?

[The nightingale sings a tune in which would be heard at a funeral]

Luciel: you bring word of death?  Hopefully that it is my death you sing about on this glamorously horrible night.

[Luciel retires]