She's Free (Alphabetical Poem) | Teen Ink

She's Free (Alphabetical Poem)

By Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas

We accept the love we think we deserve.

A little girl is playing by herself on the playground.
But why is she alone?
Can’t the other kids see her sadness?
Dexter, the class bully, teases her constantly,
Especially on the days when she wears homemade dresses.
Feeling hopeless at the end of the day, she skips home with her teddy bear in hand.
Grow up, child, you’re too old for stuffed comfort.
How much can you handle, little girl?
I know I could never handle that much teasing.
Jacks, the little pup waiting by the door for her, is the only one who truly listens to this girl.
Karma has come back to get her ever since she stole that candy when she was smaller.
Life would really wish all this pain on her, just because she stole a candy bar?
Makeup won’t help you hide that pretty face away.
Now she’s grown, her depression not conquered.
Obsessed with books, she stays away from people the best she can.
Pageboy hair and a pretty face,
Quiet and reserved, the sweetest of the maidens.
Ragnarok is her favorite subject at the University, she loves the stories.
Surprisingly enough, she’s made it this long.
Tears are dried, she’s starting a new life.
Unaccepted, she doesn’t care. She’s not here to please others.
Variform languages are her speciality, maybe she’ll move to Europe.
When is the soonest flight? She’s ready now.
Xix years old, but brave enough to soar.
You’ll be alright, take a leap of faith.
Zagging from her dream as a little girl, she’s new. She’s free.

Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas

We accept the love we think we deserve.

Ragnorok is a study xD It's like Thor and his dad and Loki and those old kind of mythological stories. It's all really interesting, actually. And thank you so much. I honestly hated this poem so much. I still think it's one of my worst, but it's so awesome to know that some people are "feeling" it haha xD Thankssss<3

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

I FELT this poem. I could really see the girl, so vivid was your imagery. I also felt that this poem is rather personal and close to you. The story in the poem was told well, however in some places I felt a few gaps, like in some places I felt it was a bit less, like you should have elaborated more. Maybe it is just me. But I mean that was only in VERY FEW TEENY TINY places. On the whole all of it fits well together and you have written with beautiful words. I adore your words really. And might I ask, what would be "Ragnarok"? :P Cause I have no idea.. hahahaha.