To The Person Who Hurt Me The Most | Teen Ink

To The Person Who Hurt Me The Most

By LizaStone GOLD, Fiskdale, Massachusetts
LizaStone GOLD, Fiskdale, Massachusetts

To the person who hurt me the most,

Wow, I never thought that you would do what you have done to so many other people to me. You called me your best friend, your sister, your parachute. You lived in my house every other weekend for years. You ate my food and confided in my mother as if she was your own. I was there for you night after night. You would cry to me until 2am and I dropped everything in my life to help you. I put my whole being into being there for you and fixing your problems. I pushed myself aside to help you. Yet you never cared once about my problems. I went to you for help, for advice, and somehow the conversation changed to me once again tending to your every need. I never resented that though. I never got angry, I never turned you away. I was always there. Honestly, I should’ve seen it coming earlier. You used me for all I was and I never expected anything in return because I couldn’t hold my breath for that long. When you left your friend group and had no one, I introduced you to my friends. I invited you to every sleepover until you were part of the group. Yet now, you’ve taken everyone away from me. With no explanation you shut me out. I want to hate you. I should hate you. But I don’t. For some unknown reason I still care about you. No matter how much of a jerk you are to me. No matter how miserable you make my life. No matter how many people you tell to make fun of me, I still hope you are happy. Honestly you probably don’t deserve happiness. You don’t care about anyone but yourself. The world could be in flames around you and you would still cry over your spilt milk. I want to tell you how I feel. I want to scream at you and make you see the damage you leave behind when you crush people. It’s funny I’ve seen you do it to so many people, but I never ever thought you would to me. I never thought you would drop me out of your life like I was never relevant to you. God, I want to hurt you like you hurt me. I want you to feel the pain and the loneliness. Maybe then you would realize what you do. You may even admit for the first time ever, that you are wrong. The difference is I would never do that to anyone, especially someone I cared for. It baffles me how little regard you have for anyone. I honestly feel bad for you. I’m sorry that you can’t accept people for who they are. I’m sorry that anyone who doesn’t bow down to you, isn’t good enough for you. You are so immature and inconsiderate. The thing is… I will be okay. Eventually I won’t see you and think about what you did. Eventually I will have other friends that actually care for me. But I don’t think you will ever change. You will always care more about yourself than anyone else. But you know, I am happy. Some days are harder than others, but I’m happy. I have an amazing life, an amazing family, and an amazing boyfriend. And most of all, I have an amazing God who will never ever leave me and accepts me as I am. I can only hope that one day, you can find that kind of happiness. I wish you well, I truly do. But I’m done. So goodbye.

Best regards,

The person who loved you the most