Times a Fever | Teen Ink

Times a Fever

September 6, 2019
By MoisesGonzo01 SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
MoisesGonzo01 SILVER, Glendale, Arizona
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
You'll regret not taking the risk.


Six o’clock came. “I'm getting ready right now see you in 20 min,” they said. It all started with the first time you picked me up to go to the theater. A cool breezy day in which we had planned to go. Short days with long nights of talking leading up to this day. A movie we said that's all it would be.

Seven o’clock came. Didn’t know if I was stood up. This point the cushion of the couch had a print of me sitting there for a while. The wind whispered in despair to just change into my comfortable clothes. *they messaged* “I’ve been outside... was debating whether or not to knock” the text whispered in embarrassment.

The car was a familiar, burned blue honda with a dent on the right side of the hood, windows tinted black as night...

One look was all it took. Sleeky brown hair with a style of a mess. The cheeky smile given to me was irreplaceable.

I got in, said “Hi.”
At this point, time stopped for both of us. It was just you and me. Just how it was meant to be.


The author's comments:

I wrote this poem right after I just had my first date with a guy that I actually liked. It was a moment that would never be forgotten. But of course, a happy ending is not what I had actually gotten due to many reasons. But the most painful truth that came out of this was that I had fallen for this guy, just to end up distraught and broken-hearted in the end. I thought it could have worked but he had other intentions and complications, such as a boyfriend already. I am sorry for myself for going through this.