Fall Fields | Teen Ink

Fall Fields

October 10, 2019
By Rubberman SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
Rubberman SILVER, Nashotah, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The illusion of yellow and red fill my mind all year around, with fields of memories that always grow wild.

With the changing of the leaves, new plants grow in my fields of thought.

Memories of laughter and love, memories of sadness and anger, never die in my fields.

I fall asleep to goblins and skeletons running in the streets at night, but in the day, it’s monsters in the office.

So let me look through you and take you to a place where you can get lost and it still looks like a dream.

A place where colors mix in a pile of perfection, where you can trip on your own mind.

Fields where you could see for miles.  Miles of wonder and imagination, with yellow, red, and orange mix to make the wandering sky.

I'll show you around the beautiful fall fields glistening in the sun, watch as they dance to the wind.

Watch the rows of corn have a hard time getting around, lefts and rights it must take to win.

  Listen to the sounds of the crows being scared by a man with no life in him, listen to the cracking of the corn breaking, listen to the kids running around in piles of leaves.

As I walk around my fall fields I see more growth, happiness, sadness, and something which will always be a mystery to those who can not see.

This happens in fields that we cant see, it happens to people we cant see. So let me take you down to fields of yellow, red, and orange where a mystery will always be laid to bed.