Soul Sparrow | Teen Ink

Soul Sparrow

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

If I were a sparrow

I would fly for days

I would wing myself free

I would see the world

And love it

The sky would be my home

I would never land, but sleep on the clouds

I would sing as I flew

And watch the mortals catch snippets of song

I would fly from Korea to Brazil one day

And America to Australia another

Just because why not

If I could set my soul free

I would be a sparrow

so many poems i know!(i really have a ton to upload but there are so many so im going slow)

if youre wonder whats with the lack of short stories, three answers: one: most of my ideas are romance. frankly i find romance stupid, and i dont write it well, so procrastination. two: im tending toward long stuff, which takes a while to write. three: im having self confidance issues and as much as im open and like to go on about my problems to strangers online, thats really between me, my therapist, and partly my friend. also with christmas coming i'll be putting my projects on hold for christmas projects. my list is so long you wouldnt believe, and i like to give a ton of gifts. just now realizing probably nobody cares...

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

thanks(:
and actually. i figured out my soul sparrow. used to be i would feel so... sparrow, that i felt like wings would burst out of me. the sparrow feels stopped about the same time i started writing. meaning my soul sparrow is writing- and just realized, the strange and very depressed poems on my other account are probably also sparrows. hmm i should name her... didnt i? in my phenoix writer? im going to go check...

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

We do care, and you are surviving, and you are a sparrow no matter what any of the mortals say.