Society | Teen Ink

Society

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Society expects better than it gives

steals what it can

and never forgives

since love is last

and hope is drowned

I hope you'll hang me

with my crown

Social cues are lost to me

Just as now becomes history

Id like to say I didn't fall

But those who know me best of all

know I never stood at all

Im looking up as I fall

I thank Afra for giving me the courage to put out more of my writing. I also give my best wishes to all readers, stay true and find the writer's seed.

-TheRareBreed

on Sep. 28 at 11:38 am

― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Thank you all for your kind words, I really appreciate it. It fills me with such felicity to see you all enjoy my work.

Samhradh GOLD said...
on May. 24 at 11:25 am
Samhradh GOLD, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Dá fhada an lá tagann an tráthnóna.

(No matter how long the day, evening comes)

"I hope you'll hang me with my crown" what an incredible line. You are very talented!

on Mar. 2 at 4:17 pm
Ela2611 PLATINUM, Vancouver, Columbia

Give the ones you love , the wings to fly roots to come by and reasons to stay …….

Your poem is so true , @TheRareBreed.

on Feb. 5 at 10:48 am
CaliFranceGurl648 GOLD, San Diego, California

“I am a California girl, born and raised, so flip-flops and cutoff shorts are my go-to look."

– Meghan Markle

@TheRareBreed, very well-written, dude.

Afra DIAMOND said...
on Jan. 18 at 12:26 pm
Afra DIAMOND, Kandy, Other

"You can’t ask other people to believe you and vote for you if you don’t back yourself."
-Jacinda Ardern-

"If I can make someone's day brighter, happier, better, that makes me happier."
-Ava Max-

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

"A Bridge Has Two Sides."
-Elsa- (Fictional character- Frozen)

“I knew who I was as a girl but I had to find who I was as a woman.”
-Delta Goodrem-

@TheRareBreed, thank you so much for mentioning me...And what you have conveyed to us through the poem is indeed a very good lesson, especially for me...We don't have to change for the society...We are the society...
Very Well-written!!! Write more for us to learn and get inspired!!!★★★