Anxiety | Teen Ink

Anxiety

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Tweet tweet tweet

we hear all the time

for people to call

and you to reply

It hurts my head

my breaths come quick

my mind is clouded with thoughts too thick

I cannot escape 

the tightening in my chest

when too many people

continue to request

my time, my love, my ears, my heart

ill curl on up and fall apart

eventually the tight feeling goes away,

not for long, but its not here to stay...

we all have the feeling when it all starts to shut you down. When your chest tightens and it is hard to breathe. please understand it's not just you, and it's natural. slow down and take a chill pill, you've earned it.

on Mar. 28 at 10:40 am
thatonearianatorgirl SILVER, Grandville, Michigan

"Life is beautiful. Cherish every moment even if you're stressed or hurt or whatnot. There's always tomorrow and it always gets better." - Ariana Grande

I love your writing so much. I struggle with anxiety as well and this poem is so relatable. Keep writing!

on Mar. 3 at 8:27 am
Autumn_Lauray SILVER, Lynchburg, Virginia

"Women, they have minds, and they have souls, as well as just hearts. And they’ve got ambition, and they’ve got talent, as well as just beauty. I’m so sick of people saying that love is all a woman is fit for.”

― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

I also wrote a poem about anxiety and what is feels like to me and I totally feel the same feelings and emotions as you. You did an amazing job writing this piece!

Afra DIAMOND said...
on Mar. 3 at 6:02 am
Afra DIAMOND, Kandy, Other

"You can’t ask other people to believe you and vote for you if you don’t back yourself."
-Jacinda Ardern-

"If I can make someone's day brighter, happier, better, that makes me happier."
-Ava Max-

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

"A Bridge Has Two Sides."
-Elsa- (Fictional character- Frozen)

“I knew who I was as a girl but I had to find who I was as a woman.”
-Delta Goodrem-

Yes, Anxiety might not seem so but it is natural...And we might get a temporary relief through it but still, Anxiety is not permanent...We must not let it be permanent...
Anyway, you've rocked it with your poem as always...Keep writing...✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻