Deathbed | Teen Ink

Deathbed

By Luke2025 SILVER, Dennison, Minnesota
Luke2025 SILVER, Dennison, Minnesota

Imagine you're on Your deathbed, and all the ghosts of what you could've been are standing beside you, So sad, So disappointed, So angry, frustrated, furious

They keep nagging at you about why you didn’t try hard enough, saying you could have brought us to life, we could have lived a glorious life together, but instead we never got to live, and now we have to die with you, Slowly, one by one they disappear, the scientist who cured numbers of diseases fades away, the activist who has millions of people looking up to you, gone, or the ghost of how great of a parent you could’ve been, leaves, until you are alone on your deathbed, the monitors beeps, slowing down, you feel so disappointed in yourself

So when you feel like that's too hard to work for, or, that's going to take too much time, or, I'll never be that good, try, because if you try and you try your best you will succeed, and if you fail, and fail, and fail, and fail over and over again, keep trying, because failure is key to succeeding