Writers Seed | Teen Ink

Writers Seed

By TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan
TheRareBreed PLATINUM, Lambertville, Michigan

“The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I guess that means we're just products of whoever made us and we don't have much control. The thing is, when people use that phrase, they ignore the most critical part: the falling. Within the logic of that saying, the apple falls every single time. Not falling isn't an option. So, if the apple has to fall, the most important question in my mind is what happens to it upon hitting the ground? Does it touch down with barely a scratch? Or does it smash on impact? Two vastly different fates. When you think about it, who cares about its proximity to the tree or what type of tree spawned it? What really makes all the difference, then, is how we land.”
― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Time is something

we perceive

as getting older

as losing leaves

days to weeks

and weeks on forth

I hope you remember

the time you spent

is forever perceived

as your legacy

your writers seed

I continue to mention the writers seed, but never actually explained what the writers seed is. So I dedicate this poem to Afra, who helped me grow my writers seed into a literary tree with words for leaves.

on Mar. 17 at 6:46 am

― Val Emmich, Dear Evan Hansen

Afra, merely writing with me cultivated the seed to become what it is now, never knock yourself for being any less than we know you are

Afra DIAMOND said...
on Mar. 17 at 5:01 am
Afra DIAMOND, Kandy, Other

"You can’t ask other people to believe you and vote for you if you don’t back yourself."
-Jacinda Ardern-

"If I can make someone's day brighter, happier, better, that makes me happier."
-Ava Max-

"A writer must never be short of ideas."
-Gabriel Agreste- (Fictional character- Miraculous)

"A Bridge Has Two Sides."
-Elsa- (Fictional character- Frozen)

“I knew who I was as a girl but I had to find who I was as a woman.”
-Delta Goodrem-

Well, you had the whole potential somewhere inside you and I didn't do much but tell you to keep writing, so none of the credit must go to me but yourself...Without you, such a first-rate poem like this and also your other poems, would not have been originated...