School | Teen Ink

School

November 17, 2022
By allisonshalhoup BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
allisonshalhoup BRONZE, Temperance, Michigan
4 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” ―Theodore Roosevelt.


As I sit there watching the big hand on the clock move ever so slowly

Tears fill my eyes during the last period of the day. 

Thinking about everything I have to do when I get home. Projects, homework, deadlines, sports.


They all leave me in the same place when I’m done Crying in my room, wanting a break, exhausted but unable to sleep for too long because I have to be up the following day and do it again. 


All the work piling up makes my never-ending migraine worse

I’m screaming on the inside but on the outside, my pencil is on the paper, writing notes and staying quiet.


Sitting there, raising my hand if I want to talk, walking with everyone else to my next class after the loud bell tells me that one hour is over and I'm onto the next.


I have little motivation and energy to do anything, but I get it done so I don't seem lazy. I get it done so I get good grades to go to college, which ends up being the same thing. 

Projects, homework, sports, and more deadlines.


I need a break but when do I have the time to get one?


The author's comments:

This is just one of the poems that I wrote in my free time. I've never really been interested in writing, but writing poems helps me get my thoughts out in a way that I never could've imagined before.