is this what is like to finally fall in love ? | Teen Ink

is this what is like to finally fall in love ?

July 28, 2023
By kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
17 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be you, because everyone else is already taken." This quote makes me realize that I'm good enough for anything or anyone. A lot of people talk about how we need to learn how to be ourselves, but this quote has a deeper meaning. At least to me, it means more than being comfortable with who you are.


in this generation we're born into a world of stereotypes. i remember mine always being that my job was to grow up and find a nice man to marry who could financially support me and our future family.

but that's not what i want.

i want to crumble at the thought of being in your arms. i want the first touch of hand to be more than a memory. the first time i get to look in your eyes and say the three words ive longed to feel.

being able to admire every inch of what stands before me, inside and out.

i could care less about financial stability. or popularity. i could care less of the stereotypes. because in my heart i know what i want. i know who is deserving of my affection.

love is such a complicated and confusing topic for me but i will never understand why that is. if im so certain of what i want in my forever then what's holding me back from fulfilling that? why do i shudder at the mere thought of someone else touching me?

but with you i feel safe.

i feel like i finally belong somewhere with someone. i feel at home. and home is where ever im with you.

im tired of hearing love songs and crying asking when. ive been patient but its only caused me to grow even more impatient. what if i lose sight of what i want?

no. impossible.

i think of us and i see a future. i can actually see myself with you. going on that beach date. the drive in. lying in bed all day in that feeling of security. baking brownies and having deep talks about the past. becoming vulnerable for the first time to someone i care about. one day falling harder, faster than i had ever imagined possible.

but with you it's all okay.

i know it's all so sudden, trust me, realizing all these feelings and emotions, at this point in time especially, is all confusing.

but im more than willing to figure it all out with you.

i knew that if i didn't write all this out now, id never have the urge to say it. id never be confident or bold enough to say it.

when u become close to someone who is good for you, things change. you change. and life becomes better than you remember.

part of me wishes that you could understand the concept of God creating you imperfect, so he could guide you to become perfect. i mean perfect in people's eyes, the ones that matter. family. friends.

each line in your palms.

each color painted in your eyes.

each strand of hair planted in your head.

each crack in your lips.

every little detail was made so that one day, someone would notice.

i noticed.

now i know what it means to have eyes for just one person. to be completely devoted to one. to be obsessed in someone's eyes. but never in a weird way. in a healthy way.

in the way so you yourself realize the imperfections that make you perfect to me.

that for me is more than enough.

you are more than enough.