Hypocrite | Teen Ink

Hypocrite

September 27, 2023
By EMB00 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
EMB00 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
24 articles 5 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Mental Health Matters


Your room is dirty? It’s okay, we all have our messes.

You haven’t showered this week? I’m just glad you’re here.

You cry in front of me? I’ll get you a tissue, pull you in for a hug, give you some space. Whatever would provide comfort.

Your grades in school have been slipping? A score does not define one’s worth. 

You’re three months clean? Ate a full meal? You’re doing amazing, I’m proud, and I will be no matter what.


I have had a messy room. (You’re a lazy slob.)

I have struggled to shower. (You’re disgusting.)

I have cried in front of people. (You’re such an attention seeker, suck it up.)

I have gotten grades that weren’t up to standard. (You’re so dumb, do better.)

I’ve been three months clean before, and started eating again. (You don’t deserve that.)


I am a hypocrite. 


The author's comments:

The double standards we all have for ourselves are completely unrealistic. We accept and care for people when they need it the most, we don't lecture them for having human emotions. But when the tables are turn, it's a totally different stories. We're all such hypocrites.