Love in insecurity | Teen Ink

Love in insecurity

October 3, 2023
By synagupta_ BRONZE, Ludhiana, Other
synagupta_ BRONZE, Ludhiana, Other
2 articles 2 photos 0 comments


Insecurities stem from love we might think something so negative can never be associated with something so positive but it’s true.The purest of love has insecurities because you cannot bear the thought of that love going away.As fleeting as it is an insecurity hinders love it hinders the bond between two people. “I am sorry” how many sorries can you take till they start sinking into you, body and soul crumbling you consuming you till there’s nothing left. Insecurity the very term defines love. Miscommunication misunderstanding is still a connection striving to stay alive.
Love is forever eternal it does not die till that last thread of connection is broken. You are still intertwined in an unexplained kind of way. Being so close and intimate the love never goes away, you can never stop caring. Even if those insecurities engulfed the love and drowned it they still are not powerful enough to take away the love. Love is diffused in you and insecurities are just a part of that diffusion. Once we learn to let go we realise how beautiful it is that another human can care for us that much. That kind of care and love does not come again, it’s fragile rare uncertain yet reassuring. Do not let go of love let go of insecurities do not let go of people let go of frivolous inanimate memories.
Then we look back and ask ourselves was it truly worth it ? Is anything ever truly worth it? Was that love worth it. In the end everything was worth it but not the insecurity never the insecurity.


The author's comments:

This piece is written in free verse.