Marvelous Hotels | Teen Ink

Marvelous Hotels

January 30, 2024
By JosiahN SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma
JosiahN SILVER, Edmond, Oklahoma
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Right outside the hotel you look up and see floors upon floors stacked on top of each other soaring so high.

And to think that you are the one staying at the top looking down on the amazing view of the city landscape. Stunning.

As you walk into the hotel you start to warm up as the breeze from outside dissipates and the heaters inside warm up your body.

It’s like coming out of a freezer and into the warm, cozy, refreshing summertime. It’s amazing.

Then when it’s time to go to your room, it is so nice to look at.

When you sit down on your bed it’s like the thread count is a million. It’s so quiet that you just want to lay down and take a nap. 

After all, you deserve it.

Now it's time to eat. 

You walk downstairs and you find tons of food already prepared and ready to eat with the omelets made freshly to your liking. 

You’ve got sausages, pancakes, waffles, eggs, omelets, and so much more.

It tastes amazing. It feels amazing. It looks amazing. 

It’s perfect.


The author's comments:

This piece was an assignment from my ELA (English) class and she wants us to turn it in for a grade. One of the poems that we did as a class was an imagery poem where we have to engage the reader's senses. Personally, hotels are amazing because of how they engage you making you fell warm, cozy, valuable, important, etc. so that's what I wrote about. This is the best one out of all my poems and I think it's great and i hope you agree. Anyway, enjoy.