Grateful | Teen Ink

Grateful

By nickgilroy BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
nickgilroy BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

When I was younger my Mom would always help me with my homework after school if I needed it. Whether it was Math, Science, or Reading my Mom would always help me with whatever it was. This never seemed like anything much to me I was used to it. But one day I was trying to do my homework. I was in 1st grade and was trying to work on math, but I just couldn't understand what was going on. When I realized I couldn't do it alone, I got up to look for my mom. I looked in my parent's room, in our backyard, in our office, and even in the basement, but I couldn't find her. I sat in our kitchen for 30 minutes trying to figure out what I was doing wrong and with every passing minute I had more and more anger charging up in me like a balloon being filled with air slowly about to pop from too much. The garage door opened and it was my mom, I asked her where she had been and she responded “I was walking the dog”. I asked if she could help me with my homework as I didn't know what I was doing. She gladly takes a seat in the chair next to me and helps me understand what I was doing wrong and how I could do my homework. This experience has helped me realize how grateful I am when she is there to help me with my homework rather than when I am doing it alone and failing to understand it. This is why when I think about the person who has had the most significant impact on my life, it's undoubtedly my mom. Her strength, kindness, and dedication inspire me every day. I feel incredibly lucky to have her in my life, and I am beyond grateful for all she has done for me.

This is about my mom and an experience for why I am grateful for her.