Life Obama's Way | Teen Ink

Life Obama's Way

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

She was in that school chair all the time,
And all day long.
She was tired of all this teaching,
And all the things that she got wrong.
She left there in a hurry, ran to her house,
Told her mom she was quitting,
She was going to drop out.
Her mom sat her down and said,
"Honey, please don't do this."
But her mind was made up,
And she couldn't be dealt with.
She told her mom that she was, sick of learning,
And that she wouldn't go back,
Even though she could see her mom it was hurting.

Life came hard and cruel to that little girl,
And she began to realize,
She had given up the world.
She had a poor little job,
At a convenience store.
And her trashy car had broken something
She just couldn't afford.
Her friends who had finished school had all become a success,
And she saw she had made of her life a complete mess.

She wanted to fix things,
But she couldn't pay for school.
And they didn't give any scholarships,
'Cause the government was cruel.
They had ruined the economy,
And had taken all the cash.
They had killed her elderly grandmother,
And all the old ones at last.

The President was a Communist,
And there was no hope.
The America she knew as a child,
Had all gone up in smoke.
One day she tells her children,
Of how it was like,
To be free to make decisions,
Without fear of a fight.
The veterans run and hide in fear,
Of the President now,
Because he says that they are a threat,
And they must be wiped out.

What happened to that country,
Land of the Free?
It was taken over by a man,
Who was communist as could be.

In the end there's no one old, fat, or free,
And no one has the choice to be
What they want to be.

I was encouraged to write this poem because it seems to be a way to express the direction our country is headed. I wanted to write this on this web site because we, the teenagers of America are the ones who will have to live with all of this junk. We have the opportunity to change the future. Let's take it!

scribblesinthecity BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

'Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.' -- George Santayana

i was wonderin jocogirl, why is it fine for Sarah Palin to know nothing about key politics, but now that obama is pres, and he may not have tons of experience in politics-that makes him stupid and unsuited for the job? i mean really, if you think obama is making mistakes now, imagine how Sarah Palin would handle being president? she couldn't even handle being governor of Alaska! the biggest responsibility she can take on is hunting moose.

Oh, and by the way, Sarah Palin DOES have political experience. Here is a summary of all the political experience that she has:

Palin was elected to the Wasilla City Council in 1992 and reelected in 1995.

She ran for mayor of Wasilla in 1996 against John Stein and won. Then, she ran for re-election against Stein in 1999 and won, 909 votes to 292.

She was elected president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors in 1999.

During her first year in office, Palin cut property taxes by 75% and eliminated personal property and business inventory taxes.

In February 2003, she accepted an appointment to the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission which oversees Alaska's oil and gas fields for safely and efficiency, and was named chair of the commission and ethics supervisor.

From 2003 to June 2005, Palin served as one of three directors of "Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc.," a 527 group designed to provide political training for Republican women in Alaska.

She became Alaska's first female governor, at the age of 42, the youngest governor in Alaskan history, and took office on December 4, 2006, and for most of her term was very popular with Alaska voters.

Polls taken in 2007 showed her with 93% and 89% popularity among all voters, which led some media outlets to call her "the most popular governor in America."

Let me ask you how you got your information. What is an example when

Sarah Palin "could not answer a simple question directly without hesitating and beating around the bush". I have never seen her answer a question indirectly or deflect an answer. And how many democrats don't clearly state an answer whenever they are asked a question? Hmm... Obama, Biden, Gore, Read, too many to count. So I don't think you should be criticizing Sarah. And also,

how would you know that George Bush was informed about the attack? Were you there? Where you in the White House at that moment? Where did you get that information? From the liberal television channels? How can you say that he decided not to stop it if you weren't even part of the situation? When he was reading to the 1st graders his secret service came over and informed him that a plane had been hijacked and crashed into the world trade center. He did not know the terrorists plan! If he had, the nation would have been on red alert and the army and national guard would have been sent out to stop them.

And he wasn't reading to the students just to "look good" as you say. Not everyone goes around scheming and plotting to make themselves look "good".

It is unfathomable that you even think that he "decided not to stop it". Why would he just say "No just let them hijack the plane and crash it." When he was informed there was nothing he could do at that point. How could he know before it happened, let me ask you? And do NOT say that the terrorist attack was Bush's fault. Do NOT. It is completely, 100% the TERRORISTS fault. THEY are the ones who devised the plan to take so many lives. THEY are the ones that hijacked the plane. THEY are the ones who, all the way across the ocean, planned to kill so many innocent citizens out of hatred toward the U.S.

alayapoetgirl BRONZE, St. Louis, Missouri

Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. -John Wayne

Of course Sarah Palin seem great...but she can't even answer a simple question directly w/o hesitating and beating around the Bush. Just because she is a stay at home mom blah..blah..blah doesn't mean she has political experience. And George Bush did know about 9/11 BEFORE it happened....he was informed, he decided not to stop it ( for what reason I do not know). Why do you think...right at the moment it happened he was reading to a class of 1st graders(to make himself look good) duh! It was all planned...but Republicans don't want to put the blame ALL on him. Not surprisingly ur a Republican, and don't believe it either.

WiggityWack SILVER, Blahhhh, Nebraska

Hope. Dream. Make it happen..>>

Its okay, I don't know

midnight_compositions SILVER, Portland, Oregon

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Gandhi

That comment was meant for the author of the article, not the one who posted the comment above mine FYI

Each is entitled to their own opinion, and I'm certainly not asking you to change yours, but use the term "communist" with sensitivity. Such terms can mean different things to different people and name calling isn't going to solve anything in the long run.

WiggityWack SILVER, Blahhhh, Nebraska

Hope. Dream. Make it happen..>>

Wow... I can't believe this so your blaming Obama for all that is happened.. That is the problem right there people like you! expect PRESIDENT OBAMA to fix things in a snap.. You are crazy you, know I really think most people who dislike Obama is mad because he is partly African American and yes this world is still racist and always will be I guess.. I didn't hear JOCo Girl say anything about the BIG MESS President Bush has caused and now he left his mess for Pres. Obama to clean up!!! So talk all you want it does not matter because he is OUR President rather you LIKE it or not if you don't move out of the Country...!!! that would be best!

NinjaOrange said...
Sounds like life under Bush.
Obama is not a communist, and he wants people to be more free. Like abortion. They won't FORCE you to "kill" your children. It is optional and only done when you are too poor to raise a child. Don't torture unwanted children. Life YOUR way would be a hellhole. Simply look up your facts from a place like CNN before you post.

GTaylor BRONZE said...
GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
The draft is no longer active. Please do not bless me, that's violating my rights. Your just making an excuse, having equal rights is big. The now non-existing draft is not.

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

Oh, and also, about the Equal Rights Amendment, you know one of the reasons Reagan, (whom I have great respect for) vetoed it? It would ensure that women were drafted into the military also. Did you ever think that he didn't want the women of his country away from their families and having to fight? Women were needed to stay home with the families of the men that were drafted. Think it through. Thanks for your comments and your willingness to speak your mind. God bless!

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I don't care. That's beside the point. I'm NOT EVER going to switch sides. And Sarah Palin was being an honest decent human being by saying she didn't know much about key topics. How would you look if you stated that you were the smartest person in politics?!? She is an honest, hardworking person and that's WAY more then the liberals in washington can say. Also, what good are they doing for our country? What good moves are they making? I'd like to know. Oh, and Rush Limbaugh is a man who doesn't mind stating his mind and he is making sure the truth about washington reaches Americans.

GTaylor BRONZE said...
GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Wait, if you agree with him why did you say it started on 9/11???

GTaylor BRONZE said...
GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Sarah Palin is one of the dumbest person who used to be in politics. She blamed no existing people, and admitted she didn't know much about key topics. Rush Limbaugh is a joke, who makes money compelling people who know nothing. The "idiots" in Washington are currently making good moves for our country, and are very smart men and women. I know your a girl, and you should switch sides: When the ERA amendment was trying to be processed, which gave Women equal rights no matter what, Republican President Regan vetoed it, and the Republican states wouldn't ratify it. I hope you know how your party feels about you

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

No, I agree. This did not start on 9/11. It has been going on for a long time, but they kicked it off with 9/11 and I hope we stay there to finish it.

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

No one told me what to say! This is my own opinion and for your info, Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh are a lot smarter than the idiots in Washington who are running things and I would prefer Sarah Palin to any of them. I'm able to state my opinon while hunting and fishing too. I can multi-task.

bo-bob said...
bo-bob, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Graeme, you're over exaggerating. And t hat comment about her IQ is unnecessary..

bo-bob said...
wow. Seriously..?

and to whoever said that the terrorists started this with the World Trade Center attacks on 9/11...

It started much, MUCH farther back. At LEAST in the 90s. We originally began sending troops to the middle east because of OIL. Iraq had become a bit of a hotheaded powerhouse, and was beginning to take over countries and occupy them to steal their oil.

The terrorists DID NOT start this all on 9/11. Get your facts straight.

GTaylor BRONZE said...
GTaylor BRONZE, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Also, the fact that you cout rush Limbaugh and Sarah Palin as good people, makes me wonder who told you what to say. Sarah Palin is one of the dumbest people I have ever seen, and Rush Limbaugh just yells. Just stick to hunting and fishing

conservative71196 BRONZE, Harrison City, Pennsylvania

"THE KBG WILL WAIT FOR NO ONE!! Its true." -The Office

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil." Psalm 23

Bush did not start the war. The terrorists in iraq and Afghanistan DID. THEY hijacked the planes. THEY crashed them into the world trade centers. THEY took many innocent people's lives. THEY started this war. So what if Bush was in office when that happened? He HAD to send troops into those countries or the attacks would not stop. I would like to see what you all would think if Bush did not send any troops overseas, or if Obama was in office when the attacks happened. You sure wouldn't be so sure of yourselves then, would you?