The Choice | Teen Ink

The Choice

By Jonas.spy.89 BRONZE, Elmont, New York
Jonas.spy.89 BRONZE, Elmont, New York
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

" live like you are at the bottom even if you are at the top"- Kevin Jonas Sr.
" keep it memorized"- Axl From Kingdom Hearts 2

The Choice

Love Lost… I might not care but I do.
Love found again but not for long.
Hope is lost with every breath I take.
Courage found sometimes but is quickly lost.
Heart is broken every time I’m in that spot and the life might not be worth living anymore.
Suicide may be an option, but why would I choose it?
A thing that would never be forgiven by anyone.
So many die from teen suicide every day,
Is there any way to stop it? I do not know, nobody knows, and I don’t think anyone even cares.
The scars of life are opening and not healing from the hate.
I just want it to end. All the hate but death is not an option maybe a choice?
I could change, but would I want to?
But it is so hard to do.
To fit in easily
Loss of love for things that I used to enjoy
Life seeming pointless and I now want it to end. But so many people are counting on me to live my friends, my family, everybody who DOES love me.
So here’s the choice. Live life even though there is still so much hatred and lies or to end my life and dampen the lives of everybody who that I love and who DO love me.
With the blade in my hand and the cut on my wrist I think to myself “should I just do it now” and my decision is No I won’t kill myself because I still can love and death is the one thing that will not be tolerated. Plus I do not want to be added to the teen suicide # that is too much.

It is about a situation that is a issue with teens everywhere around the world and that is teen suicide.

this poem represents the choice a teen would make at a time when they are in a serious situation. and how a simple choice can change their lives for better or for worse.

Jonas.spy.89 said...
thank you for commenting on my poem everyone <3

L1L_JOK3R said...
L1L_JOK3R, TULARE, California

"DON'T LET ANYTHING GET YOU DOWN"

THIS IS A AWESOME POEM

scribbles said...
Whoa who caught those feelings well

ShernayB. DIAMOND, Southfield, Michigan

"Some things will never change"---Tupac

This is very good.

I liked it

Please check out my work and leave a comment and a rating if you wish!

Jazzzy517 GOLD said...
Jazzzy517 GOLD, Meriden, Connecticut

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.

wow.... i went through this and thank god i made the rite choice... i kno where ur coming from

LeilaniLives PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"They say 'Life's two steps forward and one step back' - But what if I tripped and fell down the whole flight of stairs?"

"So here’s the choice. Live life even though there is still so much hatred and lies or to end my life and dampen the lives of everybody who that I love and who DO love me."

But isn't the point when you can't take your life anymore.....you're willing to give up every thing just to feel nothing? To escape the "unescapeable," Pain itself? There's a choice, but it's more like a threat when you're depressed, isn't it? A threat that you're going to die soon..some day depression will take you, so why not just do it now..and rid yourself of the "unescapable Pain?" Why not. Well, maybe we aren't as depressed as we think we are.

hellogirl GOLD said...
hellogirl GOLD, La Habra, California
omg! this poem is soo inspirational it really truly represents what teenagers go thrue and how they feel when they are on the verge of depression it reminded me of my best friend just because of love she went on a depression state for sometime she even told me that she wanted to kill herself. But I am really thankful to god that she got saved and got better.:D

AbbotRabbit GOLD, Abolana, District Of Columbia

This poem has great flow and insight.
I really enjoyed it.
Lovely poem darling =]
-Please check out the works that I have posted on here it would be highly appreciated and I think you would greatly enjoy them, Thankk youz-
XxIll tell you Im an orphan after you meet myy familyXx

this is a great article. I love it. I have a collection of works that is titled ,"Destruction is Beautiful", that I wrote before I was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder. Depession and teenage suicide is a horriably serious prodlem that writers like you and me can/need to keep people informed about.