Smile | Teen Ink

Smile

November 21, 2009
By Cady_ PLATINUM, Godley, Texas
Cady_ PLATINUM, Godley, Texas
25 articles 5 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Never judge a book by its cover.", and "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." "Cherish your life." "Love equals eternity."


Why do people call it smiling, when inside your acutually suffering? Or why is it people say how are you, when no one really cares? Why do they have therapist when all they do is listen for an hour and then say the time is up right in the middle of your sentence? Why do people wake up with no one beside them? Are they desperate? Or is it because they know that they are better than drugs, and sex, and looking forward to the future, when your actually looking forward to death, because people treat you like your the wind. Because they suck you in and they spit you out. Is it considered a roller coaster ride? It is if you feel like getting off the second you get on and throwing up before you even step off. Well somewhere people are looking toward the future and starting a family, new goals, and ride into the present instead of the past. If you ask me, it's not a bad idea afterwords to make a new friend and smile while doing it and stop hiding your face.


The author's comments:
Something i like about this peace is you hear a lot of sayings like you smile, but inside your really dieng, well you try to find the right poetry that fitsyou, and you don't even know what it means till it slaps you on the back of the head. Please comment and rate, and check out the other poems.