Love Sucks | Teen Ink

Love Sucks

December 8, 2009
By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
32 articles 1 photo 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~


God! This sucks! I hate everything I’m feeling! I hate you for causing those feelings! But most of all, I hate myself for feeling them!

I hate how your beautiful eyes sparkle like the stars when you smile! I hate how your hair shines when the sunlight hits it just right! I hate the fact that I think about you 24/7! I hate the dream I keep buried deep in the back of my mind!

I hate how I can’t help but stare at you!... And when you smile that amazing smile at me… Your beautiful, beautiful smile. It’s like that of an angel…

Wait a minute… What is wrong with me?! What am I saying? I hate you! Don’t I? I’m just being stupid. I don’t love you… I just can’t…It’s impossible…Isn’t it?

But I guess I’m just lying to myself. Who am I kidding? I mean, it’s like half of me can’t stand you…But the other half can’t let you go. I’m still longing for your love…Longing for you to hold me in those strong arms of yours…Longing for you to hug me…for your touch…for a simple hello…

I guess the truth can’t be denied any longer… I can’t say, “I hate you,” and mean it… In fact, at the moment, it seems to be the exact opposite…I don’t hate you; I love you.

I guess I don’t hate you, particularly, It’s myself that I hate…

Man! Love sucks!


The author's comments:
I've felt like this for so long for the same guy and it's getting on my nerves...Read the poem; It says it all.