Patience Is Not A Virtue | Teen Ink

Patience Is Not A Virtue

By -Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

"Well-behaved women seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
"Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed." - G.K. Chesterton

Maybe the sky will open up
and something will fall out.
I don't know what it would be.
Just a little something to tide me over
until the seas part
and I can walk on water.

Written when I was horribly tired.

Karma_Chameleon SILVER, English, Indiana

To be able to say "I love you" one must first be able to say "I" - Ayn Rand

I can honestly say that I have never seen a poet able to put so much in a short poem until now, loved it! =)

MiriamH said...
MiriamH, Mequon, Wisconsin

“I just want someone to hear what I have to say. And maybe if I talk long enough, it’ll make sense.”

Yeah, I even get bored reading my poems that are too long! :)

-Emie- SILVER said...
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

Hmm... passion?

Thank you very much.

-Emie- SILVER said...
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

Thank you!

-Emie- SILVER said...
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

Thank you very much. <3 You're comment has been read and appreciated ten fold.

I tend not to think about my poems that much, but comments like yours make me re-read and think some more about them.

-Emie- SILVER said...
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

To be honest... I write short poems because I get bored reading long poems... xD

MiriamH said...
MiriamH, Mequon, Wisconsin

Wow, I love this. All of your poems a pretty short, and I like that. It is right to the point, and the last line is so clear if that makes any sense.

CrystalDE PLATINUM, Concord, North Carolina
Your short poems are awesome! You write them with some much meaning and things to think about.

RedvinesWTHCantTheyDo GOLD, Zephyrhills, Florida

"You make one more comment like that I will wrap you in a tortilla shell and eat you as a snack, maybe with some nice pico de gillo."~ Lauren Lopez in Starship
"If you don't die for something, I'll kill you for nothing."~ Lauren Lopez in Starship

It's short and sweet, but full of emotion, and passion.

-Emie- SILVER said...
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

Thank you very much for your kind words. I didn't realize that it could be taken from a religious stand point, but now I see it. I'm not a very religious person, so I didn't even think of that. I suppose I may have with the seasing parting, but it was my subconscious. I think I was going for waiting for something big to happen and being impatient for it, so I was asking to just come across something that would make the wait seem shorter.

Caley said...
oh my gosh, i really love this. At first I was sorta trying to read it from your perspective, like, being really tired & generally stressed, and i got it from that perspective & could relate, but then when i re read it a few times i kept seeing different possibilities & seeing it from different angles. I really love it. Short, sweet, to the point, and yet it's so multilayered in its simplicity. Like, you could take it as the other ppl commented on it, as "it's the little things," but you could also take this in a religious sense, as if a little piece of heaven will come to you until you go to meet it. Then there's potentially the biblical reference to boot about the seas parting. Idk what you were initially going for, but this is awesome. :) keep it up, you're a gr8 poet 

-Emie- SILVER said...
-Emie- SILVER, Wayland, Massachusetts

That's exactly what I was going for. Thank you so much.

DreamWriter17 PLATINUM, Marengo, Indiana

learn from your past to live for the future.

Love it. :)

NeverFallTooHard PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.~ Rumi
Realisim, in painting, is what one wants to see, not what they really see. ~ Janet Fish

I really like that idea of something falling out of the sky <3 JK I know what you mean. The littler things in life that keep us going until we find that one thing that is different for everyone.