Sacrifice | Teen Ink

Sacrifice

By PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi
PoetLaureate07 PLATINUM, Aberdeen, Mississippi

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing..

Life sucks,
we both know it.
I don't wanna ber here,
I wanna be dead.
I've lost my love,
& I've got damage.
My heart pains me
as because I can't
be set free.
I law here,
candle in hand.
It's lit & the fire's burning.
The knife's within
the circle
that's burnin.
My stomach is turnin.
I pick ukp the knife,
& begin to slice
my veins.
My eyes glow crimson red,
& my tears are blood.
Eventually I'll be
a puddle...
God asked me a favor,
& that's what He got
a SACRIFICE!!!!!!!!!!!

It just flows!!!

Thanks abunch!!! idk what it was about the stuff, but still, im just crazy enough that no one knows what im gunna write down when i go to write a poem.... btw.... i have enlisted new work that's recently been approved... i you wanna check it out..... =)

Michellebrain GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

“A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.”
-Marilyn Monroe

omg.... this is truly an amazing poem! full of emotion and pain.... it kinda reminded me of myself..... but anyway its really good!

unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

haha. thanks for answering! I'm a Christian too and this poem made me think of that exact story! lol. Great job with including God in with your work. I have trouble with that but I am definatly working on it. I'm writing a new short story and i'll post it here. check it out. :) Love the poems. Your a great writer! :)

okay. haha. :) I was just wondering. Im a christian too and this poem just made me think of that story too! great job! I understand about putting God in some of your work. I do it too, but nobody understands it. haha. thanks for answering! Great poems! I love them!

YES!!!! There is no way I wouldn't answer that question... Honestly, I just thought it would be nice to put God in some of my work...I meant it as a sacrifice to him... When I wrote this, a picture of a lion on being killed on an alter...Like Jacob (I think that was who it was) when God asked him to Sacrifice his son..

Wow.......personal question (You dont have to answer): are you a christian ?