I'm Glad I'm Not | Teen Ink

I'm Glad I'm Not

By Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Today is the Tomorrow you were worrying about Yesterday. The journey of a lifetime begins with one single step. Negativity is the downfall of dreams. It's not the quantity of friends that matters it's the quality.

I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who fusses on her hair.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Whose head is full of air.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who strictly follows the trends
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who gossips about her friends.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who won't take a stand.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who has to have a tan.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who paints on her face,
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Whose intelligence is a disgrace.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Whose head is in the clouds.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who's obnoxiously loud.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who lives in the mirror.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who refuses to face her fears.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who never really tries.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who can't hang with the guys.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who won't play in the dirt.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who's fears getting hurt.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who's without words to speak.
I'm glad I'm not a girl,
Who's afraid to be unique!

Well here's MY point of view...I believe we should all be individuals. We shouldn't talk, act, dress, or try to be like anyone else. I once heard..."You were born an origanl, why die a copy?" I try my hardest to live by that and believe others should also. I've never wanted to be a "cookie cutter" and I don't see why anyone else would...

Jacee007 GOLD said...
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Hey thank u:) n i'll check out ur work sometime:)

Jacee007 GOLD said...
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Thank u:) n I will def check out your work:)

jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

this is great!! sometimes it feels as if we're among nothing but fake people huh? great job writing this as a way to express you individuality ;) i REALLY enjoyed this, so thanks for writing :) would you please check out and comment on some of my work?

lovebabylove. GOLD, Mastic Beach, New York

"in true love a boy does not need to unbutton a girl's shirt in order to see her heart.".

this poem is amazing; i fell the same way i hate how some girls act like there above eveyone else cause they have all these fancy cholthes and pretty hair and then they look down upon you cause you like to be differnt. <3. can you check out my poems? i like just started on here and would enjoy some feedback.

Jacee007 GOLD said...
Jacee007 GOLD, Westland, Michigan

Oh I so agree:) I'm glad you enjoyed the poem!

christin.bass SILVER, Eagle River, Alaska

you will never make it big if you dream small. youll never learn if your living in the past and youll never understand if you were to fast forward, just press play and live!

this is amazingly written, i totally agree with you. i can honestly relate, i just moved schools for the 4th time and i am tired of dealing with girls that have nothing better to do than talk about other people and stare at themselves in the mirror.