I Am Me | Teen Ink

I Am Me

By PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

"When life hands you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." -Unknown
"The world is my pineapple. I just have to figure out a way past the prickly parts." -Me

I am me,
Nobody else.
No on can be me,
for I am my own.
If I were not me,
I would cease to be,
for who would I be,
If I were not me?

No one can ever take away who you are.

HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

awwwww that was really really good, i love it :D

Dominicano_Loco PLATINUM, Spotsylvania, Virginia

"Live and learn, and when ya fall, Stand Strong and come back!"/"I'm goin to regrett this 1 tomorrow."

Deep. Very Deep. :)

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I don't think I would like being a ghost very much, though flying wouldn't be that bad. Still.....

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

I know who you would be if you weren't you!  A ghost!  But I have a feeling I'd like you much more as you and not a ghost :)

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Who else would I be? :)

Mo@TMS said...
You are the best "you" in the entire universe.

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

That is true. Moms always seem to have a way of being big influences in your life, especially when theres lots of 'em.

Well, I would say that who you are as long as it is someone you are proud of is all that matters, however it is easy to see how your mom helps encourage you to be your best.

PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

Actually, my inspiration was my mom telling me not to be so quiet and get out more. And i can see where the whole to be or not to be thing comes in. I think about stuff like that a lot.

babigerl1194 PLATINUM, Margaretville, New York

wat doesnt kill you only makes you stronger

this kinda seems like the whole to be or not to be and kinda close to ripped off. but it IS amazing. wat was your inspiration?

starlight26 GOLD, Miramar, Florida

*life isnt about pretending to be something you're not. It about being who you are and finding someone
who loves every bit of it."

"Life's tradegy is that we get old too soon and wise too late"

short, sweet  and to the point. good poem. Ur very right. So many people can have and effect on who u are(including parents) But i say, be urself, it is always the right path to follow