Forgive and Forget | Teen Ink

Forgive and Forget

March 28, 2010
By LostButNeverFound PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona
LostButNeverFound PLATINUM, Phoenix, Arizona
37 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the one's who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it. Friends are like balloons: once you let them go, you can't get them back. So I'm gonna tie you to my heart so I never lose you.


It's harder than most think. To forgive and forget. To act like the fist never hit my face. Like the hand never went down below the hazard line. Like the words of hurt and anger were never said. It's hard to forget that the monster has another name than jerk. That the monster is my older brother. That he never paid for his crimes. It's hard to forget when you feel like you can never forgive...


The author's comments:
This was inspired to write this after a night at church. My pastor told everyone "Forgive the ones that have hurt you, it does you no good to hold on to those negative feelings." But its hard to do that when its alwaya been a nightmare.