Swell | Teen Ink

Swell

By Hannabelle GOLD, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
Hannabelle GOLD, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

"People are like slinky. They don't do much, but they are fun to push down the stairs" -Unknown

Swell, is the bird who chirps in my ear,
Swell, is the friend who tells me don’t fear,
Swell, is the wind that rocks me to sleep,
Swell, is the lover who loves me so deep,
Swell, is the child who whispers—
I need you,
Swell, is the water that gurgles—
a clear blue,
And swell are you--
One who taught me to be true…

I wrote this peice for a friend, who is very near and dear to me. It talks a lot about how you need to stay true to yourself,and also to see the little things in life, no matter how small they are, somethings will still be important to you. That is what this friend Lauren taught me. She taught me to be true to myself. That is also why I am dedicating this poem to her.

Kels_W. BRONZE said...
Kels_W. BRONZE, Kempton, Pennsylvania

Twitter-paited. They're all twitter-paited!!!

~Friend Owl, Bambi

this is amazing. you just poured yourself into this, and it showes:)

Patience97 PLATINUM, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania

"People believe that if we really want to eliminate something, focus on that. How much sense does it make for us to give the particular problem all of the energy, as opposed to focusing on trust, love, living in abundance, education, or peace? -Un.

Your friend Lauren must be right about being true to yourself. From this poem, and all the others you've written, I can honestly say, you are very greatful and honest. You seem like a person who would not dwell on something for expansive amounts of time, but get their opinion out there. It's a great quality to have, and you are doing a great job expressing yourself.