Dialogue with a Lunatic | Teen Ink

Dialogue with a Lunatic

July 28, 2010
By A.Bekah.Girl GOLD, Menlo Park, California
A.Bekah.Girl GOLD, Menlo Park, California
17 articles 0 photos 29 comments

“Darling, they say that you’re crazy. Please don’t be crazy. I need you, my darling!”
“Red is red and blue is green. One plus two equals please don’t be mean.”
“Darling, I told you! I don’t understand. Why are you like this? Please just come back!”
“Sunshine burns broken windows. Bloodstained water hurts my wounds.”
“Darling, my darling, where did you go? I’m lost, so lost without you. What are you saying? Help me! Darling, help me, please!”
“Pages and pages and pages of caterpillars eating through the words.”
“Darling, what is it? What do you mean? I want to know! Why did you leave me here, alone?”
“Painted smiles wash away with flower petals raining down from heaven.”
“My dear, my darling, what’s wrong with you? Where did the person inside you go?”
“Flowers, so many flowers, blooming, tearing, scarred.”
“Dearest, what is it? Darling, where are you? I’m losing you now. I’m losing myself!”
“Dolls are crazy, aren’t they? What does make you go mad?”
“Darling? Are you coming back? I don’t know if I can pull you back anymore. I think that I’m slipping! Darling, please!”
“Raindrops are sunlight. What if they charged stars for moonshine?”
“Goodbye, my darling. I’m leaving this world now. I can’t stay here without you.”
“Say goodbye to the children on your way out.”

The author's comments:
What if the insane are really sane, and we are the crazy ones?