Doldrums | Teen Ink

Doldrums

By squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York
squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York

"The Irish gave the Scots the bagpipes as a joke, but the Scots haven't seen the joke yet"- Irish Proverb

The shock in your
eyes reflects the view
of your blackened soul
and beatless heart
Blood rushed
through your dead
veins like the
tears in my eyes.
The shattered piles of love
cannot be blown
away
The doldrums cannot
Take you and
Nor can I.

ItsAshMal SILVER, Guilford, Connecticut

I like how we don't know exactly what this poem is reffering to, as it adds a mysteriousm vouyeristic quality to it. 

I also love "beatless heart"

Quick grammar thing: nor--neither

And the lines could be broken slightly differently to get your point across more efficiently and to keep the attention of the reader. 

Calliashi SILVER, Litchfield Park, Arizona

The man with the key is king and honey, you should see me in a crown. ~James Moriarty

This was really good! I like your work.

Even though I HATED free verse, this poem actually changed my perspective on it. AWESOME JOB!

squidzinkpen SILVER, Buffalo, New York

Thank you! Your comment is very much appreciated! I actually got the word from my Earth Science class back in eighth grade when this was written, so I understand where you're coming from with not knowing what it meant poetically at first =)

NeverCaredForKool-Aid GOLD, Elkridge, Maryland

I don't believe in hell but I believe in my parent's couch-- Watsky

This probably would have seemed more poetic to me, had I known the definitions of 'doldrums' to which you wre refering.  I though you were talking about the big cluster of clams, know as the doldrums, (oops.)  But once I looked the word up, nad found the definition you were using, this suddenly became much more poetic, (wonder why... ? lol)  Anyway, this was just plain beautiful.  And I loved, loved, loved, that this didn't rhyme!!!  Ryming always mutilates a poem, good job for keeping this true and clean.

5 stars