Thanks for the memories | Teen Ink

Thanks for the memories

By sugrstix GOLD, Zionsville, Indiana
sugrstix GOLD, Zionsville, Indiana

Every drop of revenge moistened my eyes. My uncut nails dug into the palms of my hands causing me to bite my lip to hold back a whimper of pain. My heart was pounding thunderously in my chest, and echoing in my head. Forgotten memories swarmed my mind like millions of grains of sand during a deadly sandstorm. I shut my eyes in hopes to cease the memories but they just kept coming. Flying out of locked drawers and trashcans, filling my head with unwanted flashbacks. I was seconds away from shouting out, “STOP!” when suddenly my muscles relaxed, the lines in my forehead smoothed away, and there you were, by my side. I knew you would be. You always are. I must admit, a little sooner would have been nice. You nuzzled your face through my hair and to my neck, causing me to fight back a smile. You caught my slip and began poking at my dimples causing me to laugh and giggle. So there you were, by my side. I knew you would be. You always are. Although I must admit, a little sooner would have been nice.