Life goes on | Teen Ink

Life goes on

August 22, 2010
By mandielynnrose GOLD, Tucson, Arizona
mandielynnrose GOLD, Tucson, Arizona
10 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."


Maybe I was stupid to think that time would stop for them when i left. But i thought that it would. And now after I hear their voices on a 50 cent pay phone, i realize time cant stop that way. I realize they learned to move on without me in their lives, just like i should. My baby sister still walked, even though i wasnt there to see her do it. Mt two other sisters still played, even though I wasnt there to play with them. My brother still started highschool, even though i wasnt there to help him find his classes. My mother still took care of herself, even though i wasnt there to help her do so. My father still rode his bike, even though i wasnt thee to ride with him. Everyone still lived even with me gone. And now that i know that, i figured out i lived too. Even though im not home, i still lived and i still laughed, but i still feel like ill never move on from my past. I guess they are better at that then ill ever be.


The author's comments:
About my family and myself.