We've Just Met And Now I'm Sorely Afraid | Teen Ink

We've Just Met And Now I'm Sorely Afraid

By Shadowfoxz DIAMOND, Washington D.C, District Of Columbia
Shadowfoxz DIAMOND, Washington D.C, District Of Columbia

I have new work coming out every week. Yaay.

Fear. It's always there. Any sort of emotional attachment is fear, and bound by the curse of Introversion, Fear and I are close friends, which not to be confusing, but breeds more fear. I saw you and acted on an impulse, I met you, and laughed with you, and admired you, and now I sort of like you, but now I'm sort of afraid. Starting off on the right foot should be simple, yet this is college, and more often than not people come and go without a second thought. You learn to suppress your desires with most people, for the fact of knowing that tomorrow they will be non-existent, forgotten, nameless people with faces you recognize, or recognized. It's possible that once you dream and your subconscious takes control that you won't even remember them at all. But I remember you. I remember exactly how we met, where we met, where we were sitting, and how you look. Most importantly, I remember your name, and I want to say it more often. But I am afraid. I'm on edge, for one false move and you could be gone just as easily as any other college girl who recognizes unwanted affection. It has been less than a week, but I know what I feel, of course not love, I feel fear. Fear of losing you before I even had a chance, fear of falling down before I've even tried to dance..

Ever been afraid of moving too far too fast? Or not moving forward at all?