Wild Waves | Teen Ink

Wild Waves

By magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York
magic-esi PLATINUM, Hyde Park, New York

"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Wild waves wash wearily
Over wasted waters.
Shores, once sandy
Sit sadly as the waves fall back and forth.
Gray sky above, horizon blocked
By looming black storm clouds
Waves wash over waters
Wild and blue no more.

I wrote this the summer after sixth grade. Most of the poetry I wrote back then was cheerful or funny, so I was surprised to come across this dark poem among them. I remember it, though- I just wanted to do something different.

Bgeekgirl24 GOLD, Bellefontaine, Ohio

Eat healthy. Excersize daily. Die anyway.

This is a fantastic poem. It flowed together very nicely, almost like it rhymed, but it didn't! You are a very talented writer. Don't ever stop.

MidnightWriter SILVER, Ontario, Other

Writers are a less dangerous version of the career criminal. Everywhere they go, they see the potential for the perfect crime. The difference is that writers have better self control.

For such a young writer, you wrote well. I'm not sure I really like the alliteration. I think its a but much, but considering the age you were at, it was well written. At that age I hadn't even discovered how to write poetry yet.

M_IML DIAMOND said...
M_IML DIAMOND, Ganei Tikva, Other
The alliteration in this is great! I'm really impresses - 6th grade?? I love the image this poem paints.