Dear Peers | Teen Ink

Dear Peers

March 26, 2011
By Chinadoll BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
Chinadoll BRONZE, Dallas, Texas
3 articles 0 photos 172 comments

Dear Peers,
You are shining. You are nice, but will I fit in? Who knows?

Dear Peers,
Will I ever take this mask off for anyone here? Does anyone want to see the real me?

Dear Peers,
Is it me or is it you? You have gotten used to my disability and me. To you, I don't know what I am. Am I a snob? Am I a shadow because I don't talk to anyone? Am I a teacher's pet because I treat them with respect and as friends? Or am I just a sympathy case for you to pity? I just don't know. You don't talk to me I start talking to you.

Dear Peers,
I have gotten used to this a bit. I see you everyday, talking with your friends. I say good morning, how are you, and good before you run off in your busy life. I hear you talk bad about people and vice-versa. I have gotten used to that look in your eye that says don't talk to me when I try to talk.

Dear Peers,
You know not what you do to me. Because you don't care. You are nice people compared to some I've seen. You saw me crying, but you never asked why. I talk to you best I can, but I am never welcomed.

Dear Peers,
I have given up. I have gotten used to not talking. You never once tried I always talked you, gave hugs, and played nice. But I'm done. I will not get the short stick in this two-person relationship. All I asked, all I ever wanted was for you to say the usual good morning, how are you, good, and keep on talking to me show you wanted to know. I never got that. I am done bending to your flow while you just cared about your Real friends. I am done saying you're my friends when I don't know you and you don't know me. I am done.

Dear Peers,
I am content with myself. I don't mind that I am alone; being out of the loop. It's better than being with you. I am myself, and I don't care what anyone thinks anymore. The mask has finally come off.

Love Me


The author's comments:
My struggles in the past. I'm ready to Show myself now