Waiting | Teen Ink

Waiting

April 29, 2011
By The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
The_Girl_Next_Door PLATINUM, Elkins, Arkansas
32 articles 1 photo 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
~*The mind has but a thousand eyes, and the heart is left with one...Yet the light of a whole life dies the moment love is done.*~


I’m waiting. I’ve been waiting for what seems like a lifetime. It’s getting harder and the days are going slower as I’m waiting for us to be together again. While I’m waiting and anticipating the day that your lips shall meet mine. While I’m waiting for you to hold me in your arms and keep me safe from any pain that’s headed my way.
I wish you were here. I want you here so bad. I need you to protect me while I dream…I need you to wrap your arms around me and hold me close, removing all the sadness I’ve been holding in my heart. To keep me by your side and NEVER LET ME GO!
Why must we be so far apart? Why must my Prince Charming be so distanced from me? My love…My one and only…My soul mate. I find I’m needing you more and more every passing minute. And it’s just making me CRAZY because I don’t have you here! I’m going insane because the only one I need can’t be here beside me… You’re everything I want…You’re everything I need.
And I’m begging Father Time to speed up the clock. I’m begging him to let it be that day…That day when you will be forever mine and I will be forever yours.
At least for now I have my dreams. I’ve got those dreams in which our hearts are merging together and beating as one. Those dreams in which you are lying next to me and your hand in mine makes everything so much better…Those dreams where your lips on mine make me feel...well, complete. Those dreams when a single touch from you to me sends a spark through my heart and I know that you are my heart’s only true desire. This waiting is getting old. I want you here with me…I want your fingers entangled in mine. I want your kiss upon my lips. I want you heart to beat with mine and mine alone.
But I suppose I’ll be okay. Just remember, when we’re together, hold me close and please don’t let me go.