Why the Difference? | Teen Ink

Why the Difference?

May 6, 2011
By mandielynnrose GOLD, Tucson, Arizona
mandielynnrose GOLD, Tucson, Arizona
10 articles 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."


I look at you, and then I look at myself. We are no way alike, but for some reason, I used to think we were the same. And I wonder why you were fake for so long. When I was true, the me you met was the same person I am now and will always be. But you, you are so different then what you claimed to be. I fell in love with that difference. I fell in love with a "fake" you I suppose. It's funny how when you start to get so close to a person, they turn out to be someone you didn't expect. When you thought you had everything you wanted, and then you find out that you were played again. But that's not the sad part. The sad part is that I still love you. You changed into someone that is all wrong for me, but I still stick by your side. I guess I always will. Because even though I sometimes want to go, I fell in love with you a long time ago. And I am one of those people that cling on to love. But I do have one question. Why didn't you just be yourself in the first place?