Insanity | Teen Ink

Insanity

By beautifulmudblood BRONZE, Grovetown, Georgia
beautifulmudblood BRONZE, Grovetown, Georgia

"Thomas Edison's last words were 'It's very beautiful over there'. I don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful." -John Green (Looking For Alaska)

Her permanently tear stained cheeks
faced the blood-red carpet
as her heart cried out in misery
that rang throughout the endless halls
and trapped her mind in this madness.

This was something that I wrote in a time when I felt absolutely desolate, my mind seemed like a prison, and all I could do was think about the sinking feeling in my stomach, that something was terribly, terribly wrong.

Oh, thank you verym very much. I really appreciate what you said. It means alot. 

I should have another poem posted soon, though I highly doubt it will be quite as... disturbed as this one is. 

In any case, I'd love very much for you to look into that one as well, and thank you again for reading my work :) 

on Jun. 17 2011 at 1:44 am
NinjaGirl BRONZE, Valley City, North Dakota

The only thing holding us back in life is our desire to stay where we are and not venture further.
~Some random person on the Internet :P

This is a great poem. It flows very well, uses descriptive wording, and says a lot in just a few lines. You should write more. I'd definitely read them if you did. Keep up the good work! :)

WriteLoveOnMyArm BRONZE, Champlin, Minnesota
Beautiful.(: It makes me think about who I am as a person, and how I see myself.