The Forbidden Book | Teen Ink

The Forbidden Book

By JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

I sit here on the floor wishing,
my nails clink against the hard floor,
I’m fighting my good and bad side,
the devilish side of me says “take a peek,”
“they’ll never know,”
Another voice screams at me,
“they will find out,
a peek will hurt,
you’ll regret it,
you only have to wait a few more years!”
The golden sun gleams at the spine,
Its silver letters shine,
I whisper its name several times,
I reach to the cabinet,
the only thing that separates me is glass,
But no!
The book is forbidden,
dust sprinkles the spine,
I’m curious to know what its pages conceal,
I thought about reading just a chapter,
I leap up and dash out of the room,
I didn’t even take a longing glance.

Please tell me what you think.Thx.:D

SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

You're Welcome!!

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Thank you! xD

- Maya Angelou

I loved how you set out the battle between temptation conscience,,.It was a really good poem with a good word choice!

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

actually it wasn't a diary although one of my friend convinced me to let her read mine! I was a push over then:P

Steph0804 GOLD said...
Steph0804 GOLD, Seoul, Other

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog: you understand it better, but the frog dies in the process." -E.B. White

*gasp* you read your friend's diary??!! I went on a camping trip with a few friends, and one of them tried to snoop into my journal :P

Goldenheartbeat SILVER, Murphy, Texas
you're welcome :)

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

lol honestly in real life I speed read the first few sentences then my friends stole it away from me ;)

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Thanks!!!!! :))

Goldenheartbeat SILVER, Murphy, Texas
I like this. I love your word choice, especially with the sprinkled dust and the devilish side. It pulled me into the poem like few poems can. :)

Steph0804 GOLD said...
Steph0804 GOLD, Seoul, Other

it's super mysterious and suspenseful, you can feel your fingers itching to raise the cover, take a peek, just a little peek...

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

I liked it but I think the part were Jacob imprinted was sick {shudder} !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

My Mom thought some subjects were inappropiate for my age.  I would of finished the bookl in the time you did probably but I had to go to sleep. :P :D

ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland

I rather be hated for what i am, then to be loved for what im not.

i read the last book and its a dissapointment, its not very graphic at all during the honeymoon if thats what your parents are worried about.  

TheAmazingJoysie BRONZE, Cork, Other

'Your going to die anyway so you might as well craft.' The Anticraft

why werent you allowed to read the last book ? I read breaking dawn in under 24 hours from 5 in the morning to 11 at night and it was christmas day....

on Jun. 25 2011 at 10:39 am
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Thank you I read your work!!!!!! :D

renni SILVER said...
renni SILVER, Crete, Illinois

Sometimes, that girl who seems so strong, who never lets what people say bother her, who smiles and laughs with her friends all the time, is really the girl who, deep down, is falling to pieces.

nice! very suspensful like @anagam had said, keep up the great work :D and if you dont mind i would appreciate if you take a look at some of my work. thank you :)

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Thank you for reading I really appreciate it.  I couldn't read the last book to the twilight series so I wrote this!  Thanks!!!! :))

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Thank you so much for the feedback.  I wrote this when I wasn't allowed to read the last book to the Twilight series.  And I really hate it when I cant finish a series until a couple of years.  Thank you for reading!!!! :D

Anagam BRONZE said...
Anagam BRONZE, Tulsa, Oklahoma
haha its suspensful!! it had me there too! like the ilovelucy469 said: what's the forbidden book? good work! good work!! :)

ilovelucy469 GOLD, Annapolis, Maryland

Awesome article! it really made me think, whats the forbidden book? And why must she wait a couple years to see whats inside? Keep up the awesome writing!