I Should Probably Tell You. | Teen Ink

I Should Probably Tell You.

By jaznomdeplume GOLD, Modesto, California
jaznomdeplume GOLD, Modesto, California

Good luck enjoying the infinite abyss- the garden state.

I should probably tell you that I am young, but have the soul of an eighty-four year old grandmother. I am quiet and reserved when called for by thanks to debutante training in my youth, but the radical feminist within me cries out and begins to take over. I am so colorful in personality, waving change in the faces of those who oppose me. Yet I am ebony and ivory when it comes down to the wire of what I believe to be right and wrong. I have such big dreams. To become so much, and be independent. To be the woman who needs no man. Who travels, and sees the world with nothing to tie me down. And at the same time all my heart desires is to be madly head-over-heels in love with Bon Iver forever together and inhabiting our humble abode with our six lovely children; a product of our undying love.
How I long to be someone different, but I should probably tell you that I will never change. I shall forever be conflicted and confused; to roam and inhabit this earth in utter phenomena, and wonderous awe. That, I should probably tell you.

For an English project, we had to design "Poetry Books of Me," I made a newspaper. :J