Head To The West | Teen Ink

Head To The West

By IamRevy BRONZE, State Of Mind, Other
IamRevy BRONZE, State Of Mind, Other

"Trying to please the world is a self-made curse"

“HEAD TO THE WEST” “HEAD TO THE WEST” THAT WHERE HEAVEN-ON-EARTH REST! Woke up one morning with a voice in his heard The world he was aware of to dust they were Things that were in excess suddenly become rare; Many overwhelmed with fear and despair Water at that point was valued more than life itself Buried in his thought he was led to a realm Behold a sacred book buried under a mass of dust and rust, He grabbed onto it and from that moment he was relinquished from “lost”. “Head to the WEST”, “Head to the WEST” That’s where heaven-on-earth rest, The voice in his head, ceaselessly kept roaring relentless like a bear Walked through the valley of the shadow of death yet He strolled through it like he was sending a text Thirty year gone still on his quest ; “I walk by faith and not by sight” he said His faith was like his own sacred crest, No matter the situation he still felt so blessed At the point of death all he thought about was his sacred test The entire bible stored in his head so he saw no-limitations ahead, Read chapter after chapters of the Bible for thirty years, “Many stare at the Bible daily yet they lack knowledge of it’s capacity” he said Stranded in a desert yet all his mind could alter was “WEST” ” HEAD TO THE WEST”, “HEAD TO THE WEST” That’s where your heaven-on-earth rest, He excelled in his sacred test And to heaven, he departed to rest. Who ever wrote “The Book Of Eli” is spiritually blessed He painted the picture of the world he saw; the violence, the hatred, the sore that many pushed to the shore Once upon a time, the world was blessed and due to man’s ruthlessness it’s about to end. WE THE YOUTH ARE THE FUTURE OF TOMORROW HEAD TOWARDS YOUR OWN WEST

Watching the book of Eli provoked this piece in me